Get Your Church Involved
Is Your Church Called to Mentoring Ministry?
Family Guidance comes alongside Christ-centered churches that sense a calling to develop a church-based ministry of individual youth mentoring.
Is Your Church Outreach-Minded?
- Does your congregation have a heart for one-on-one mentoring?
- Does your congregation have a heart for at-risk, unchurched kids?
- Are there at least six individuals in your congregation ready to commit to a mentoring process?
We can Help
If your church is called to mentoring ministry, and if the vision and values of your congregation are consistent with the mission of Family Guidance, perhaps your church would like to explore the possibility of a partnership with Family Guidance. Through a multi-year process, we partner with churches to help:
- Discern and articulate the church’s vision for effective mentoring in the community
- Train and equip lay people for ministry
- Develop a program that delivers a highly relational and individualized ministry to at-risk youth, which complements your current church programming.
Breathe New Life Into Your Congregation
This ministry will invigorate a whole new group of volunteers in your congregation – adults with gifts of befriending and loving a child in a one-on-one relationship – that can be effectively utilized without depleting your current base of volunteers whose gifts include teaching or group ministry.
To discuss God’s vision for mentoring in your congregation, and to evaluate the potential for a partnership with family Guidance to develop this ministry, please contact the Mentoring Department at 412-741-8550.